Digitalization and international trade have both developed at a very fast rate over the last few decades. This has resulted in the creation of international value chains and the generation of major wealth for large groups. Simultaneously, governments and the European Union have encouraged the creation of start-ups and the development of innovative SMEs. This workshop guides participants through the numerous aspects of international trade and the barriers they create for SME and offers avenues allowing SME to establish its right place in the global world.
The key objectives include:
• Understanding the importance of global value chains.
• Identify key barriers SME face in developing an international trade presence.
• Develop digital solutions that will assist SME to participate in global value chains.
• The digitalization of SMEs leads to positive outcomes for SMEs themselves, for large companies and for countries themselves.
• By digitalizing, SMEs, they are able to successfully integrate international value chains and obtain financing that will allow them to develop.
• For large corporations, a linkage with digitalized SMEs allows them to absorb the innovation potential of SMEs into their value chains. SMEs carry the largest potential for innovation. This is particularly true in nascent and high-tech industries where digitalizing SMEs to allow them to integrate international value chains increases the competitiveness of large corporations.
• For countries, SMEs generate employment and contribute to innovation. This, in turn, creates added value therefore contribution to tax collection.
Professor Michael Akerib
After having obtained a Master degree in Biochemistry, he built up his academic background with an MBA, a post-graduate diploma in Industrial History and Geography and a PhD in social sciences.
A major part of his career was spent with Dow Chemical, COMILOG (Compagnie Minière de l’Ogooué) and Merrill Lynch. In the academic world he has been the rector of a private university group and assisted its international expansion.
Since 1991 he has been an independent consultant to SMEs and an educator and trainer.
He is an expert in international trade.
Participanții vor primii un certificat de participare.