College of the Canyons in partnership with “Spriu Haret” University, with the support of USH Pro Business and its ecosystem, organized on July 12 a.c., the workshop “California School Design from Santa Clarita is landing in Romania”. The main theme of the event was “Mitigating climate change: one design at a time!”, a topic that included subjects of current interest such as:
- the collective effort in actively pursuing solutions related to negative carbon emissions in the design and construction of buildings
- design and construction concepts with reference to climate change mitigation;
- specific considerations for pursuing resiliency in the Danube region;
- biophilic design, an integrative approach that combines the natural world and build environment;
- Danube region, opportunity in imposing itself as a progressive leader with answers both with reference to the impact of local and global environment, adaptation strategies and resilience;
- New standards and conformity rules imposed by sustainability;
- Ideas, new materials and methods for mitigating the impact of climate change
The event had as special guests Jason Oliver and Holly Hitt-Zuniga, professors of the departments of Architecture – Interior Design at College of the Canyons, experts in the field of sustainable design and environmental sustainability through international design. Along with the College of the Canyons were present representatives of prestigious associations and clusters (Zero Energy cluster, One Health, Inter-Bio association, CERMAND cluster), experts in Californian professional engineering, academia, representatives of companies with various fields, such as and students interested in the topics presented.
During the event, the academic program “Design and Sustainable Development” was presented, a course certified by the College of the Canyons, scheduled to begin this fall, consisting of three modules that will take place over a year and will give students professional recognition by employers and getting a degree in sustainable architecture.
“It is a transdisciplinary and innovative course for those who want to have an extra chance on the national and international labour markets or as business developers, coming from a region where the confrontation with climate change has reached alarming levels, as seen recently in the media. This course comes from those who have gained valuable and extensive knowledge on sustainability standards. The professions of the future are reoriented towards sustainability and employers will prefer those specialists (builders, architects, designers, etc.) graduates of such a course. Even more, it gives better knowledge for those targeting to start a new business or develop the existing one. USH Pro Business is at your disposal with details”, said Costin Lianu, vice-rector for International Relations at “Spiru Haret” University, general manager of USH Pro Business.
More information regarding the course “Design and Sustainable Development” will be available shortly on the website www.ushprobusiness.ro and on our Facebook page.
USH Pro Business
Evenimente, Comunicare și Internaționalizare
Online media pages