As you know, the Wallachia Hub cluster consortium was created in 2019 and, since its formation, has been focused on regional digital transformation, becoming a regional center with this objective. The Wallachia Hub consortium includes the following entities as members: Danube Engineering Hub Ploiești (consulting engineering, GIS applications, urban planning, IT&C), Bio Concept Valea Prahovei Ploiești (organic agriculture), Danube Furniture Cluster (furniture industry), CERMAND Târgoviște – Center for Renewable Energies at the Black Sea and the Danube (new sources of energy), the USH ProBusiness University Entrepreneurial Center and ACEX, the Association of Export Business Centers.
Following these concerns, on March 13, 2020, during a symposium at the headquarters of the Prahova Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the cluster consortiums from the South-Muntenia region, together with representatives from the academic environment of the Petroleum-Gas University of Ploiești and USH Pro Business from Spiru Haret University, discussed a series of documents being debated at national and regional level regarding the green and digital transition. Thus, the objective of digital transformation and its connections with smart specialization trends and objectives were highlighted. On this occasion, the groundwork was laid for the WeH (Wallachia eHub) project to involve the cluster consortium in developing a European digital innovation center (EDIH – European Digital Innovation Hub). As a result, on January 21, 2021, the Founding Members Council (FMC), taking note of the progress made in recognizing the center as an active regional transformation network, with concrete events and activities, agreed to advance the Wallachia eHub project as a regional EDIH by submitting its candidacy at national and then European Commission level.
During the period 2021-2022, the foundation was laid for supporting the national submission initiative by 70 entities from the regional ecosystem of the consortium, and some of them, 17 in number, accepted the challenge of jointly submitting a co-financed project with 50% funding from the European Commission for such a Digital Innovation Center (CID) or EDIH, according to the acronym in English.
At the end of 2022, the European Commission brought us the news of accepting this project, and from January, for a period of 3 years, the formed consortium will have funding to provide digitization services for the region.
Through the event on February 9th, we aim to achieve the following objectives:
- The endorsement of the Wallachia eHub European project by the CMF
- Presentation of the project to the General Assembly of WeH stakeholders
- who signed letters of adhesion
- Dissemination of services offered to regional clients
- Defining common project activities among the members of the WeH
- project consortium, cluster members, as well as other entities that support
- the project
- 9:30-10:30: Meeting of the Founding Members Council of Wallachia Hub (restricted session)
- 10.00-10.30: Registration of participants
- 10.30-12.30: Presentation of the Founding Members Council conclusions, Presentation of the Wallachia eHub project Proposals for common activities, Conclusions and debate